Saturday, April 8, 2017

Always Learning

As a leader, I've always talked to you about the importance of continuing your learning.  This weekend I had the pleasure of attending a conference called "Courageous Leadership Institute".  It was an intensive 3 day training.  And even though I'm writing this on Saturday evening, I have already learned so much from the sessions on Friday and all day today and look forward to learning even more tomorrow.

I know I am not the perfect leader (no where close).  And I know I have much to learn.  This weekend has been a firm reminder of the ways in which I need to grow.

But most importantly I look forward to becoming better, for you.  For our students. And for our community.  If I am not continuing to learn and grow, I am not setting the right example.

I am so excited to be back at work on Monday ready to tackle another week!

Week at a Glance

Monday - 3rd & 4th Grade Benchmark
Staff Meeting 3:45pm
Tuesday - 3rd & 4th Grade Benchmark
#LoveMySchoolDay
Writing Vertical - 3:30pm - Library
Staff Workout - 4pm
Wednesday - 5th Grade Science Benchmark
Bible Study - 7am
PTO Meeting - 5:30pm
Thursday - End of Grading Period
Spring Pictures (and Staff Picture)
Goodbye Celebration for Melissa Boenker - 3:45pm
Friday - No School

Benchmarks

I am working on finalizing the benchmark schedule.  Monday and Tuesday for sure, students will be testing in the gym, and lunches will need to take place in your room (or outside); except Anthony's class.

I am going to try and make Wednesday as normal a day as possible when planning.  I will have the schedule out to you Sunday evening.

#LoveMySchoolDay

This takes place every year and we want to make sure to celebrate with schools from across the world.  Please share out tweets all day on Tuesday of the great things happening on campus and include the hashtag #LoveMySchoolDay (and of course continuing to use #TxEdTuesday every Tuesday too)

Birthdays

April 10 - Darla Davis

Goodbye Celebration

For Melissa Boenker is Thursday at 3:45pm in the library.  Let's send her off, officially, with lots of love and well wishes!

TP Time

Monday - 1st Grade (only duty)
Tuesday - 2nd Grade (only duty)
Wednesday - 3rd Grade (only duty)
Thursday - Kindergarten

No School

No school Friday AND Monday (April 17)

Switch Day

If you've taught at Webb last year, you remember "Switch Day"! It's coming again April 27! Get excited! Your assignments are coming this week!

Job Placements for 2017-2018

I will announce all job placements on Friday May 12.

Kids Deserve It

Here is this week's episode with Joe Dombrowski



Blogs/Articles









In Closing...

As educators, we can't walk into our classrooms every day and ask our students to learn if we aren't continuing our learning ourselves.  Whether we're finding new research, reading a new book, attending conferences/trainings, or gaining learning from social media, we have no excuse not to always be learning! What's something new you've learned this week?

If you can share a tweet each day this week of something you're doing in your classroom, you'll get a Sonic Drink on Thursday! Spread the love!

Keep your sense of wonder and humor and don't be afraid to dream and act like a little kid!



No comments:

Post a Comment