Saturday, March 19, 2016

Rested and Rejuvinated

As Spring Break comes to a close I hope each of you took time to rest, reflect, and get rejuvenated.  We're entering the home stretch so now's the time to give our kids everything we've got.  To make sure we fill in those holes and continue to give our students the best education possible so they can all find their versions of success!

Four Day WEEK!

PDAS
PDAS Section 2 and 3 are due MONDAY

Team Planning
Make sure you pay attention to who is what date as some have changed.

Monday - 5th Grade
Tuesday - 1st Grade
Wednesday - 4th Grade
Thursday - 3rd Grade
Friday - No School

Important Dates this Week

Monday - STAAR Specific Training During Conference;
Staff Meeting at 3:45pm;
School Board Mtg 6:30pm;
Start of PTO Fundraiser (I know, another fundraiser)
Tuesday - Science Vertical at 3:15pm
PreK Meeting at 4pm at Central
Wednesday - Becky Harrison on Campus (NOT Meeting with any of 5th Grade or the 4th ELAR)
Thursday - WWW Due
SSR with French at 8:30am
Friday - No School

Becky Harrison
Would like to do our usual data dig and would like you to bring a student list (like when we highlighted the quintile report) indicating the student they have that are going to pass (the test for tested, and grade wise for untested), the bubble kids and the kids still in crisis mode. 

5th Grade will not meet with Becky
4th Grade ELA will not meet with Becky


Birthdays
Tuesday, March 22 - Kevin Haliburton
Wednesday, March 23 - Eric Ceballos

Kids Deserve It

2nd Grade teacher Michelle Watkins


Articles/Blog Posts






Rockstar Educators

Julie Brooks (Eisenrich) - Julie Brooks, previously Julie Eisenrich, is a PreK teacher here at Webb.  I still remember the day I asked Julie to move into PreK for this school year. I could see the potential in her for that age, even when she herself I'm sure wanted to kill me for even thinking it.  Now, I'm not right very often, but this time I was!  Julie has become a fabulous PreK teacher.  She is patient and loving and those kids absolutely adore her.  I have been so impressed by the growth I've seen in Julie and the way she's reached out for help and really taken advice.  I can't wait to watch her continue to grow and am so thankful she's found her niche.

Jane Brewer -  I still remember interviewing Jane two years ago.  The moment I was done with her interview I knew there was something special about her.  She's cooky and ultra creative.  She thinks in ways many people don't understand right away.  We need someone like Jane around us.  Someone to push our thinking and our ideas.  She is Ms. Theatre but in such a good way.  I have loved spending time with Jane and just listening to her share about her many adventures.  I am so thankful Jane works on our campus.

As we enter a short week, let's welcome our kids back with love. Let's meet them where they are.  Let's celebrate them.  Let's make them feel special, valued, and appreciated.  And let's give them an education others are jealous of.





2 little girls pose for a photo at 'Disney World'. Now look closely at Minnie's hands...
Posted by Omeleto on Thursday, March 17, 2016






No comments:

Post a Comment