Friday, May 24, 2019

The End

Wow, it's strange realizing that as I sit here and type this, this will be my final staff blog post to you all.

The last 5 years in Navasota have been something special for sure. I have learned so much about myself, teaching, students, families, and so much more.

But most importantly I've had the extreme pleasure of working alongside all of you.  We may not have always agreed but we always came together for kids.

Last weekend I think is when it truly hit me of all the "final" experiences here.  I got little sleep Sunday night as I realized it was my final Monday with you all, the final House Field Trip, the final Scholastic Book Fair, the final of so many things for me as your Principal.

I know that you all will continue to do fantastic things for kids. It's part of who you are. I know as Mrs. Nichols takes the reins here at Webb she will continue doing fantastic things alongside all of you. It's in Webb's DNA.

I'm truly at a loss for words for what I'd really like to say, so I'll save it for our staff party together haha.

I know this coming week will be filled with many emotions and tears for myself. Saying goodbye is never easy.

You have been, and will always be, my family. And I will always be just a text, vox, or email away.

Week at a Glance

Monday - No School
Grades Due by Midnight
Tuesday - 5th Grade Trip
Prek-2nd Water Field Day
Wednesday - 3rd-5th Water Field Day
Senior Walk - ABOUT 9:15am
PreK Ceremony - 9:45am
Thursday - LAST STUDENT DAY
Early Release - 12pm
End of Year Party - 5:30pm - Yumm, Brenham, TX
Friday - Inservice Day

Report Cards

We will be printing report cards on Tuesday morning, so grades are due by Midnight on Monday evening.

Water Field Day

Coach Leonard is organizing the two Water Field Days and will get out information to your teams and to all helpers about how this will work!

As always you may wear shorts on Field Day.

Summer School

Our campus is being used for Summer School. Any questions can be directed to Jason Puente, the summer school principal.

Cleaning Rooms

I have asked our cleaning group how they'd like your rooms to be left when you leave and all they asked is that any furniture be moved to the tile area.

Senior Walk

The Senior Walk will take place on Wednesday at approximately 9:15am.  We'll come over the announcements and PreK-2nd graders will sit in their hallways to cheer.  3rd-5th will stop their games and line the bus ramp.

Thursday

We will early release on Thursday. All staff is to report to the High School for lunch by 12:45pm.

End of Year Party

We hope you can come to our End of Year party at 5:30pm at Yumm in Downtown Brenham on Thursday, May 30th! It'll be our final big celebration together as well as Ms Neumann and Ms Brewer's Retirement!

All the food is paid for :-)

Friday

Friday is a clean up and check out day!  All staff is to report at 8am to campus.  When your sign out sheet is done, you will see me as I am the final sign out person.

PLEASE...if you have questions about things on the sign out sheet, PLEASE ASK the person who is assigned to that task.

Birthdays

May 29 - Marissa Garza
May 31 - Amanda Reyes

Morning Duty

Tuesday - PreK and Kinder
Wednesday - 3rd and 4th
Thursday - 1st and 2nd and 5th

Tell Your Story

Here is this week's conversation with Katie Mense.


In Closing...

If there is one thing I could leave you with, it would be this...

Don't let anyone ever tell you that you aren't good enough or aren't working hard enough. I've watched you bend over backwards for NISD, our parents, our students, and each other. I've watched the countless hours and pieces of your paychecks you've donated. We've cried together, laughed together, and so much more. You are more than a score, you are more than a reading level, you are more than any single test could ever show. You've not only changed the lives of these students and families here at Webb, but you've changed mine. Own that.



If you need anything in the future....

Cell Phone - (979)451-0218
Voxer - you should already know! haha
Email - todd.nesloney@gmail.com or todd@tepsa.org

No comments:

Post a Comment