Saturday, January 5, 2019

Sunrise

It's that time! Time for a brand new year (2019) and the start to our second semester! I hope you all had a wonderful (and restful) Winter Break! I know I did and I am ready to tackle what is to come this semester.

Over the break I spent a lot of time renewing my passion for education and reflecting on where I believe God has placed me at this time. I am so thankful to wake up every day and come to Webb to serve alongside each and every one of you. I know I'm far from perfect, but if there are two things I hope to live by example and actions, it's that 1) I try and make every decision based on what's best for kids and 2) I hope to remind each of you how I truly do care about each of you. Though we may not agree all the time, we may find ourselves overwhelmed/under appreciated/unnoticed/exhausted at other times, I want you to know how much each of you mean to me. And I am making it a point, more than ever before, to make sure I show you more than just tell you.

Also, every year online I see all this hoopla over determining what your "one word" will be for the year.  That one word that you're going to focus on to help you maintain focus and keep your eye on the prize.  For me, resolutions have always been a mixed bag.  Why? Because I often see my own resolutions fall by the wayside before January is even over.  So, I tend to like picking a one word.  Picking a word that I can post around my common spaces that will help me as I grow into the person I want to become.

This year I selected the word "sunrise".  I chose this word because of what I think of when I think of a sunrise.  I think of a new day and the promise of a second chance. I think of beauty and focusing on what's right in front of me in a particular moment.  I think of second chances and hope. I think of the emotions you feel when you see a beautiful sunrise. I think of the possibilities that lie before me. When I think of a sunrise, I can't help but smile and be filled with hope.


So this year, my "one word" is sunrise.  What's your one word for this year? I'd love to know, come share with me!

Week at a Glance

Sunday - Grades due by Midnight
Monday - Your day!
Tuesday - F&P MOY Testing Begins
Staff Work Out - 4:30pm - Gym
Wednesday - PreK MOY CLI Testing Begins
Calendar Planning Meeting - 4:30pm - NISD Board Room
Thursday - Staff Prayer Time - 7am - TP Room
Friday - End of MOY MAP Testing Window

Grades Due

Please make sure you have all grades in by Midnight on Sunday so we can print Report Cards on Monday and make sure they all print correctly.

Monday

This is your day! Please make it a point to meet as a team at some point to discuss this upcoming week/month/semester.  Please make every use of your time!

Teachers, if you would like for copies to made for you tomorrow, please leave them up front with Ms. Johnson by 10am. She will not be the on making the copies, that's just where you're leaving them, so leave directions with them please.

All IAs, your work hours are 8am-4pm.  IAs, your job assignments for Monday have been emailed to you.

3rd-5th Grade Girls Bathroom

HUGE thank you to Lissette, Jocelyn White (and husband), and Cassie Reynolds for their help on the 3rd-5th Grade Girls Bathroom! About 2 months ago, I met with a group of 5 fifth grade girls.  They came up with a color scheme, design, and a few additions they wanted for their bathroom.  So over the Christmas break they got their wish!  The stalls are still a work in progress, but the paint job and additional items have been put up.  This is only step in on a re-design of the bathrooms.  We hope if designed by students, and then those students meeting with the other kids about why the designs are they way they are, they'll take better care of them!

A group of 5th grade boys are working with a local artist to re-design the 3rd-5th boys bathroom.  That'll be coming soon, once they're done drawing out their design.

IAs

If you leave campus at any time we will have a sign out sheet up front.  Please make sure you notify the office when you leave.

Please also remember to clock in and out on time.

If there ever is a day with a unique schedule, or when you do not have students like you normally do, you are always to report to the front office with your duties for the day.

Please ensure that you are not on your phone except during lunch time.

T-TESS & T-TESS Cube

Please make sure you've gotten with your evaluator to schedule your T-TESS. Thank you to those who've already gotten this done! WOO HOO!

Please make sure you're using T-TESS Cube to grow your learning.

Childhood Photos

I would like to do a competition for students (and staff) in February. If you have a childhood photo of yourself that you could email me by January 25th, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Staff Work Out

We will be starting a Staff Workout every Tuesday at 4:30pm in the Gym if you would like to join. We'll have a video that we'll be working out weekly to.

Staff Prayer Time

We will be continuing our Staff Prayer Time every Thursday at 7am in the TP Room.

PLCs this Week

This week PLCs will be different.  Beth Klammer will be coming to work with all ELAR teachers on F&P Testing to ensure that we're all aligned on the same page about how to do F&P testing to ensure the most accurate results.

That means that 2nd-5th Math/Sci teachers will NOT have PLC this week.

Tuesday - All Kinder and 1st Teachers (Kinder Car Duty, 1st Gym/Cafeteria Door)
Wednesday - 2nd and 3rd ELAR Teachers (2nd Car Duty, 3rd Gym/Cafeteria Door)
Thursday - 4th and 5th ELAR teachers (including writing) (4th Car Duty, 5th Gym/Cafeteria Door)
Friday - any teachers who were absent

Birthdays

Konnie Harber - Jan 8
Evangelic Sipp - Jan 8
Jessica McHale - Jan 11

Facebook/IG/Twitter Features

We want to make sure we are recognizing the AMAZING things you're doing to our families of Webb. We try and come by often to capture photos, but if you ever do something, that we don't capture, PLEASE email me a photo and blurb so we can share to Webb Twitter/IG/Facebook.  It's time to brag on YOU and our hard working kids!

World Read Aloud Day

Start planning now!


Tell Your Story

In this interview I chat with Rebecca Shaddix about human trafficking, women in tech, and GoGuardian.


Blogs/Articles






In Closing...

Our job as educators is no joke. We all know that. But we also have all experienced that person (or people) who act like we have such an easy job just "babysitting" kids all day. Here's some reminders about what we all wish more people knew about being an educator.

Let's go CHANGE THE WORLD, We've Got This!


No comments:

Post a Comment